Destined to be alone?

I feel that i am...or im just kissing all the wrong frogs to get to my prince =P any other single moms feel the same?!

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Yup. But I'm ok w/that.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Destined to be alone isn't all that bad. I've adjusted to it and it's not a bad place to be.
    Anonymous

• No not if you don't want to be. Don't lose hope. My sister lost her baby's dad in a car accident 7 years ago (his death anniversary is tomorrow) and she is finally in a new, serious relationship after several years. Its takes time, patience and it will happen before you know it. Just be sure what you want and don't settle for less because you are a parent.
    kittymom83

Answer by kittymom83 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I like being on my own. After being in a relationship with a loser who was so controlling and who was always making me unhappy, you tend to take for granted your independence. Stop looking for someone to compete you. If you are well adjusted and you know who you are than a good guy will come around. Even if he doesn't, that shouldn't define you.

Stay strong, stay positive, make your kid(s) proud.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If you think you are destined to be alone, then you will be.

Don't wallow in self-pity.

Focus on being your best, most interesting self. Focus on the self you have outside of being a mom. Do you like to read? Paint? Write? Make things with your hands? Try joining an exercise class, or any class that falls within your interests. Is there any field of study you're interested in? (Ex. a period of history, or foreign language) Find a group or connections for that. Do you like theatre? Do you play an instrument? Take music lessons, or attend improve nights or jazz sessions. You become a happy, interesting, desirable person by BEING a happy, interesting, and desirable person.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 6:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Change up your strategies. Get your GFs involved. Do things you enjoy and check out who is there enjoying it too.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 11:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• hmm do you like it that way?
    if not, change it!
    if yes, embrace it!
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 12:33 PM on May. 2, 2011