What would you do?

So ill try to make this short... My friend and her hubby are getting divorced. They have a 2 year old DD and i just found out from my sister that the husband was with another girl and was being REALLY FRIENDLY! If ya know what i mean? Should i tell me friend what i know? Or just keep it to myself? I feel that she should know why he doesnt want to work thinhgs out! But i just dont want to make things worse!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• I would tell her. Especially if there is a chance that she is still wanting to work things out not aware that he has moved on. She will resent you if she finds out that you knew and didn't tell her. Trust me...I've been there. You feel like an idiot when you are clueless and everyone else knows.
    Anonymous

• i think that you shouldnt tell her. if you did, you would just me cause more pain. divorce is already painful enough. hurtful news is not always welcome
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 3:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• IF you don't have actually PROOF then its just "hear say" ya know what I mean?? Then if something should happen and they get back together and you are stuck in the middle for what YOU said... I would just leave it alone.. UNLESS you have actually PROOF!! JMO..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 3:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• yeah, i dont know! i was at a bar with some inlaws and my inlaw's sis met up with a guy she knows and it really wasnt a boyfriend, it was just a fling sort of thing, but even though, i saw him dancing with some other girls and because i hoped she wasnt serious with him, i told on him, but she was from far away and she prolly couldnt care less what he did, but only if she was serious about him i would of liked to warn her!
    so knowing im a big mouth and depending on how close you are with her, i would say that you think you saw this and this and this happen, but i wouldnt pinpoint on any details in case if your wrong.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i agree with sugamama. you need a full proof.

if you have the proof, then go for it and tell her. they are getting divorced and honestly i dont think it could be any worse. :(
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Well my sister's husband saw them together.....And he isnt the type of guy to go around and spread rumors like that... He never says anything anyway.. So thats why i believe it... Plus my friends husband just says he doesnt know whats wrong with him and wants out all together...
    Anonymous

• I would definitely tell if I knew for sure that it was true. My best friend and I have both had that happen to us--and we weren't told by even our families until the divorce was in full swing and later. We resented our families for not telling us. We have made a pact that if one of us knows something we HAVE to tell. If you can't trust your friends--you can you trust.
    Anonymous

• I'm not trying to be mean, but I think u should just mind your own business. Be there for ur friend as a shoulder to lean on and someone she can come to for advice, but when it comes down to things he does or he say, she say, then u should stay out of it. U may mean well, but u don't want it to turn around or backfire on u, which it could. The best thing to do is just support ur friend and help her get over her hard times.
    ms.busybody

Answer by ms.busybody at 3:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Stay out of it. If they are getting a divorce, you don't want to be in the middle of any drama. And yes, you would make things worse. Do you want to contribute to that? If they are indeed splitting up, then he has probably moved on. There is nothing you can do about that and telling your friend will only upset her.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 3:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Stay out of it...it could possibly even backfire and she winds up mad at you. She has enough trouble and if they are getting a divorce what would it matter anyway? Just do your job as a friend and be there for her.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2008