WILL SILK MILK GIVE ME THE SAME OUTCOME AS REGULAR?

SO I REALLY NOT INTO DRINKING COWS MILK AND MY DOCTOR SAYS I SHOULD DRINK AT LEAST 3 GLASSES A DAY, WELL I TRIED IT AND IT MADE ME SICK! MY MOTHER-IN-LAW SUGGESTED I TRY SILK BUT I'M CURIOUS TO KNOW WHETHER OR NOT THE CALCUIM IS THE SAME???

SimplyJassy

Asked by SimplyJassy at 6:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• Mmmm, Silk Almondmilk is delicious. You might need to give it a few weeks for your tastebuds to adjust to whatever you end up switching to.
    To answer your question, the almond milk actually has MORE calcium than the cow's milk. 1 cup of almondmilk has 45% of your RDA of calcium, 1 cup of cow's has 30%.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Silk Soy Milk, Almond Milk, Or even Coconut milk are all great ways to get calcium! :)
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 6:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes, it is a great way to get calcium, but calcium supplements might be better if you don't like the taste of it. They even make chocolate chews with calcium so you don't have to swallow the horse pills.

And you might want to take the caps lock off. All caps is considered yelling. I noticed your other question was all caps too, or I wouldn't have mentioned it.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 6:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• No person needs to drink cow's milk. You should stay away from soy milk. Soy is a phytoestrogen. You can get calcium from other foods.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If you're going with Silk, make it the almond, NOT the soy. Much better. Soy is awful stuff. And if you can't have almond, seek out other sources that have calcium - some veggies have more calcium than milk, plus you'd have a veggie serving too.
    Anonymous

• Yes, good calcium source, just more expensive.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2011