How fast would you think I will get pregnant?? Please answer. My birth control depends on it..LOL

My husband and I are discussing trying for another baby. I have a daughter who is almost 2 and I still breastfeed her a little and I am also on the mini pill. Right now I kind of feel pregnant, but I think its just from thinking about it so much it went to my head. Anyway, if im not, and it took us 1 year to get pregnant the first time, what is most likely the time I would get pregnant once going off my pill. Do you think it will be around a year like the first time?? Obviously you cant say for sure, I just cant decide if I want to stop the pill yet because I really dont want to get pregnant right now, but within the next year, so if its gong to take a while then I want to go off right now. Make any sense??

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i'd say if you don't want to get pregnant NOW wait because there is always that chance =) some people get pregnant right away others it takes a awhile so when you know you want one NOW then go off it
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• yeah if ur not sure right now then dont. i got pregnant like the first time i ever did it with my husband lol but thats just me. i dont know if a dr could maybe try to guess the reason why it took u a year the first time and predict what will happen again.. sorry im not more help
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Don't stop the pill until you're ready to be pregnant, because it might even happen on your first try! It seemed like that was the case for everyone I knew when we started trying (it took us three months). Remember: people get pregnant ON the pill too, especially the mini-pill!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It might take a year, it might take once. With my first I got pregnant after 1 month of not even trying. We tried for 6 months with this one. I do know that for your body to be fully prepared to carry a baby (at your healthiest) you need to be off your birth control for a year. This allows your body to get back all the nutrients that birth control hormones take away.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I would say the same thing as well.. also if you ware thinking about having another baby. Wait and think about if you are ready for it or not. Also another suggestion is that if you are thinking about it seriously start taking the prenatal vitamins or something so that your body is ready for the baby once you do decide on haing it. Alot of people don't think it makes a difference.. but it is supposed to be good for you. The folic acid and other things in the vitamins are important in order for the baby to be healthy in the womb(that is what I've heard and experienced for myself).
    simran4god

Answer by simran4god at 6:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2008