FB Friends

When my best friend and I signed up on FB 2 years ago we were adding every we could remember from our high school days and having fun seeing people we had not seen in 20 years.

A month ago I checked my friends list and noticed I had over 300 people on my list and when I read thru my status updates and the comments it was always my family and closest friends and frequent acquaintances that had replied.

So I deleted alot of people and only one person noticed they had been deleted and requested I add her again, but I did not cause I barely know her.

So now I am down to 120 friends on my list, mostly family, close friends, acquaintances that we do actually talk and know each other but not often and than the people I have on there that I do not know are well known people, like radio talk show host and bloggers that I like to follow/participate in their stories/discussions.

I have noticed some people on my list have hundreds of friends but hardly any contact with them. They post on their status, post pics but there are hardly any replies from the hundreds of people on their list.

Does anyone actually have over hundreds of friends or do you just add people to your FB page, just to show you have more than a few friends on your list?

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Technology

• most of mine are games friends

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yea mine are mostly gaming friends too.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 6:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Some are family, some actual friends from the present/past, and some are people from here, with whom I've become close.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't have an FB page for this reason. I see my friends and family and/or talk to them on the phone.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have like 80 or 90. They are people I talk to and family. No one that I never talked to. I'm not a collector of friends,,,,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think I have a little over a hundred friends, all who are real life friends, old co-workers so I've stayed friends with, family, and some friends of my husband and sister in laws who like to see pics I post of the kids and stuff. Basically, I know everyone in some way or another, I don't add people just to add them, I have to actually know them or at least have contact with them in some way outside of the net.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Actually thinking about deleting my page.
    nicie3

Answer by nicie3 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have over a hundred friends and alot of them are people that I went to school or work with. My Husband and I are also involved in ministry so we meet a lot of people that way and while we may not know them personally we do get a lot of inspiration and "good words" from them. It is in no means just to try to get more friends than anyone else. Also we have twins and so I have accepted several other twin moms to share and compare.
    younginx2

Answer by younginx2 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Mine are family, close friends and acquaintances. I dont add people that I dont know and my profile is private.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 7:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have 37 friends. Of those 37, only there are some that I do not know in person, but only 3 of those are people I'm not related to. Other than those 3, the people that I don't know in person are cousins of my mom or something along those lines. The 3 people that I'm not related to, 2 of them are either friends of my SO or my high school best friend. The 3rd is a guy that I know online, and we hardly ever talk. He's a really nice guy, though, so I leave him on there.

I don't add random people. My general rule is either I must know you in person, or you must be related to me, or we must have enough mutual friends in common that it would make sense for us to be friends. If you don't meet at least 1 of those requirements, then I won't add you.

I'm not into getting as high a number as possible. I prefer my friendships, online or in person, to be about quality, not quantity.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2011