Gerber NuK or Playtex Drop-Ins??

I'm 34 wks pregnant, and plan on breastfeeding when I have the baby. But after a few weeks I'd like to pump every so often so my hubby can share in feeding her, or so I can run errands or what-not or for if I need a babysitter.

My question is: Which nipple or bottle do you think is better? I have a couple of each, but if I give her a bottle to soon, I don't want to cause nipple confusion. They have drastically different shapes, and was wondering, do you go by your own nipple shape? Or what? Neither one looks like my nipple...lol...

What is your opinion on these 2 bottles? Gerber Nuk or Playtex Drop-Ins?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 3:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I pump when I work or when we're going to spend a lot of time out in public and I want to be able to bottle feed. I use Breastflow bottles, though we also use Soothies since they came with our sterilizer. Honestly, I think my guy would take anything. The first couple bottles were tough for him to get used to, but now he's a pro. His pacifiers are Nuk and Avent, so he's exposed to FIVE different nipples!

I think I've been lucky, but if you start early enough maybe you will be, too! Honestly, I'd choose the bottle that YOU prefer.

Just make sure you have the right flow speed for nipples and you should be just fine!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Oh, and just to add-- I don't plan on exclusively pumping. Just whenever I absolutely need to.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Well The drop ins would be the best bet,
    since its not going to be used alot,
    and it will be alot cleaner and already clean for the little one,

it would just be alot easier, ;o)
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I would say drop-ins. My daughter liked them and the avents the best. i tried the nuk ones and she didn't like them at all. But she was already use to the others. Oh also, it seemed like even the slowest flow nuk nipples were too fast for her. You could try both and see which she takes to the best. Good Luck.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 3:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• the drop in's have aspecial nipple (it's not clear) for breast fed babies, i assume you know this. They are probably your best bet the drop ins are efficient and presterilized and pretty easy to use. the nipple doesn't have to look like yours it just has to be slow flowing and soft make sure it's not a silicone nipple.
    Anonymous

• plus drop in nipples are more like real breast which wont make it hard on u or ur hubby
    Anonymous

• i use both drop ins and nuk bottles...didn't breast feed but switching bottles from time to time didn't confuse my dd.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2008