I moved away and she acts like we were never close...

So my next door neighbor and I became friends shortly after I moved into the same condo building as her. We lived right next door to each other. She and I were pregnant and she had her ds weeks after I moved in, I had my dd a couple months after. We got close slowly and then eventually hung out all the time. I'm a sahm (still am) and she was too for the first couple mths but is now back at work as a respriatory therapist 4 days out of the wk. I moved in December '10 about 30 min away. She has basically stopped texting, calling or anything shortly after. She has come over 3 times and I've gone there about 6. She always complains that I live too far so she waits until she makes it to where she has me come to her instead. I'm tired of doing that all the timeand she complains about this and that. My dd considers her ds her bff. She talks about him constantly and misses him alot. I feel really bad for her and that is probably why I haven't really said something to my friend but she's not being much of a friend. Her dh just got involved with a company and is starting to go big, she is now only hanging with those people and I think got a little big headed. I'm kind bothered that she is acting like my dd and I don't exist. I have Called her but she doesn't answer. I text her to say hello and see how she's doing but she's very short with me. So anyway although I feel bad for my LO should i just leave her alone and say fuck it?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 7:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Some people are in your life only for a season.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• you can only try so much
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'm sorry, it sucks to lose a friend...I think jayRo00 said it best though....some people are in your life only for a season....sorry mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• yeah, i would just try to get you dd involved with other kiddies
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 8:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Let it go..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 8:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The question here that you need to ask yourself is, how important is her friendship to you... if you feel that you have grown apart, then move on, but if you feel she's worth it then talk to her.
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Fair weather friends can be troubling.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 11:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I feel like she WAS worth it but now isn't. She us a very "blunt" borderline rude person and since it's done with a smile it's ok to say. If I do tell her I didn't like something (which isnt often that i speak up) she switches it around on mean as if I'm too sensitive. She's very catty, always wants to have one up one you, always! There's alot I could complain about but I did see her as a friend and we did get close so it sucks. I'm just going to stop trying because I'm the only one trying and thats not cool.
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Let it go...move on
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011