how can i put sleep my 1 month baby

i try every thing

NewMOM69

Asked by NewMOM69 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Swaddle very tight. It works great. I was afraid to do it tight in the beginning and he would get out of it and cry. I made it tighter and tucked it really good and he was out like a light, well... atleast for 2 hours. I also went to a baby white noise website and downloaded a vacum white noise cd for him to sleep to. Try to get them to fall asleep in their bed and not in your arms. I'm paying for it now with my 10 month old! LOL
    suneebeach

Answer by suneebeach at 5:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• rock them, pace the room with them, hum, sing
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Also, if you have a sling, wrap, or soft baby carrier it is a great way to get a baby to sleep--especially if they are fussy--wearing a baby in a sling can really calm them down. I got mine from www.angelsak.com, there are tons of great soft carriers online. Good luck! Those first few months can be really exhausting I remember all too well.
    Anonymous

• Try using a fan in the room white noise is supposed to work great for babies you can also do a routine with them bath bottle bed. That worked for me but your baby is still young they are proabley still trying to figure out what night and day are. Trust me in time it will get better!!
    sophiasmommy02

Answer by sophiasmommy02 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• the best advice I ever got was to establish a routine and stick to it. I would give my son a bath, put on his pajamas and give him a bottle w/ a little rice cereal in it. Then when he was finished I would put him in bed. Doing this at the same time, the same way, they just get used to it and then it becomes natural to them. My son is now 9 and we still have the same routine - minus the bottle :+)
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 7:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2008