Is this the flu or a really bad illness....?? update on fever..and a med. question..

my whole family is sick..tickle in the back of the throte that of corse makes u cough a dry painful cough hurts the head and chest. my whole body is sore. and no matter what i do im freezing hands are ice cubes..very sleepy but everytime i lay down its worse. no stuffie head bit runny after i cough but thats it. even my eyes hurt. i would rather die right now. and of corse both kids ages 5 and 13 are sick and so is dh. so u guess who has to be super mom :(

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• sounds like the flu to me. and don't we always have to be super mom, lol.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Sounds like the flu!!!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Unfortunately the only way to tell if it is the flu or just another nasty illness is to go to the doctor and have them test. Influenza also boasts a fever, which it sounds like you do have it. Tamiflu can help, but only if given within a certain time period.

Feel better soon!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Do you all have fevers? My youngest tested positive for the flu and our pedi gave him tamiflu and he was better in 24 hours of taking the first dose. Thing is that they can only give it to you if it's within the first 48 hours of the initial onset of the fever.

I hope you are all feeling better soon!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• checked my temp..101.2.... this tamiflu what kind?? i just started to get sick this morning...
    tabbys4

Comment by tabbys4 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Tamiflu is by prescription only, and although widely used, is NOT a good idea to take.
    Anonymous

• Almost sounds like what I have right now, but no fever. Took my kids in, was told there's a nasty cold going around up here.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Sounds like the flu.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2011