I'm due anyday and I had something happen last night that worried me. adult content

I'm going anon because this is kind of embarrassing, but last night I woke up in such incredible pain that I didn't know what was going on.

I am 9 months pregnant with my 3rd child, and I woke up with such pain in my stomach that I didn't know if I was in labor or what. I was almost throwing up from the pain. The only other thing I could think of was that it might be gas, so I was up walking around trying to get the gas out of me if that was the problem, but I could hardly stand up.

My husband is on his last overnight trip for work until I deliver, so I was scared to death that I was going to deliver at home by myself in the middle of the night. Anyway, I sat on the toilet and ended up having terrible diarrhea for 30 mins and felt just fine again!!

Should I be worried about this or was it just awful diarrhea? I have never had anything hurt that bad in my life EXCEPT transitional labor! Has this ever happened to you? Is it just the added pressure of the baby that made it hurt so bad? Could it have been something more serious? I don't know what to make of it!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• It's one way for your body to ready itself for labor - or you ate a little something that really didn't agree with you! You said yourself you're due any day - and diarrhea is a sign of impending labor for some women - the body knows to clean itself out so you don't poo on the delivery table ;).
    Anonymous

• Gas pain and the like can make you feel like this. I wouldn't worry about it. It can be common to get a little sick before you go into labor. I sometimes have had gas pains like that. They take your breath away and are excruciating. If it happens again, get down on all fours and relax. It helps to reduce pressure and allow the gas to move.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You're probably right. Almost all of my stools have been loose lately, and I do remember that happening with my other pregnancies about this time. It was just the ungodly pain that worried me so bad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree with what the previous posters said. Good luck!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• good luck but i agree with the previous answers...thats how it was before i had my 1st 2 sons
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• They say at the end of pregnancy your body will try to clean itself out. Perhaps your body self induced diarrhea to help clean it out, to get ready for the big even that is just and the corner. Sounds like your body produced an extra amount of gas that put you in excrutiating pain. Good luck on the birth of your baby! Congrats!
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thank you ladies! You're making me feel much better about it. I was really worried, but probably overreacted since most of this happened in my other pregnancies, but it was just more painful this time I guess.

I would definitely love to have this baby TODAY. or YESTERDAY. or TOMORROW. Hopefully it is very very soon.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Good luck! I think it was just your body preparing for labor.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• good luck, i think its just bodys way of gettin ready
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 12:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think you will be having your baby in the next day or two for sure ! This could be a sign of your body preparing itself for delivery / labor ! You were probably right about the gas too . Good luck !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2011