Do You Circumcise a Boy?

Well new law makes it a crime with 1000 fine and a year in jail.

sweet11-12

Asked by sweet11-12 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and if it passes, it's complete crap. I mean look at the differences just on this page alone!! You would end up with a lot of botch jobs, just like abortions (not starting an argument, just using an example) We SHOULD NOT BE TOLD WHAT TO DO WITH OUR BODIES!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!! If that law passes it will be absurd. You can't prevent religious beliefs...wow, talk about an uprising in the Jewish and Muslim community or anyone who wants to circ...stupid. And IF I had a boy, then Yes, I would...I have done WAY too many adult circs where they can't even pee b/c it's sealed off and infected...it's cleaner in MY OPINION!! Don't care about rebuttals, b/c it's MY opinion. And for the record, Bradensmom....circing a girl is nowhere in the same vicinity as a boy...completely different anatomy. That's a bad argument.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• That's BS. My son is circ'd and I'm proud of it.
    Anonymous

• @braden.......so you mean to tell me that all jewish people will just stop circumcising their sons? good luck with that!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I had my son circ's for many reasons, including the health benefits. Contrary to ignorant belief, there ARE health benefits to circumcision. If it does become illegal, at least my son already had it done.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• well i wouldnt circumsize a girl =)

haha sorrryy just had to

my lil man was circumsized. i dont see any problem with it.
    LovinMyJay4

Answer by LovinMyJay4 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• This law passes and then what? Some people do it for religious reasons and I believe Jewish rabbis often do it (???). Or, what, "back alley circumcisions"? And would pediatricians be required to report newborns that come in for their check ups with circumcisions?
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Link the law.
    Anonymous

• My son is circ'd paid a couple hundred for it and if baby #3 is a boy he will be too
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 8:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes. We're Jewish and it would be a sin against G-d if we didn't do it.
    tracylynnr31767

Answer by tracylynnr31767 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Absolutely ridiculous.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011