How did your parents react when you told them you were pregnant?

sydney1026

Asked by sydney1026 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Cute story. She'd just moved from L.A. to Tampa FL in October. When in January we told her we were having twins she put all her antiques etc back on the truck and moved back.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Not very happy, I was only 15.. But hell thats water under the bridge now.. She is 18 and her dad and I have been married for 19 years and counting :) Would not recommend it but it worked for us
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• my dad was happy and said congrats, asked questions, etc.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Im afraid to tell my parents im only 16 and the baby wasent planned what should i do
    sydney1026

Comment by sydney1026 (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My mom was disappointed and my husband mom was pissed as if he commited a crime. We were both in the Navy and on our own. She is just starting to accept the fact that he has a family and we have been married for almost 9 years.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Extremely happy as I was a married adult.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• well, you are woman enough to have a baby, so be woman enough to tell your parents. just suck it up and tell them. either they will accept it or they won't. you won't know until you tell them.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well I was only 17 at the time. My mom was away on business when I found out. The night she returned me and my boyfriend sat down to tell her together. She was very upset..she cried..said she was very disappointed because I was supposed to be on birth control. It took her a few days to come around but she accepted it and embraced it. She knew me and my boyfriend had good heads on our shoulders and even though we were scared we wanted to make the best of the situation. We've been married now for almost four years and he's in the military.
    PrettyGirlRedd

Answer by PrettyGirlRedd at 9:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My mother didnt speak to me for 2 days. But after she had her time she said not to worry it would be alright. She has been there for me every since.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My LP and I had been together 7 years before our first, and were both college graduates and trying like hell to have a baby (and they knew this)...but my mother was still convinced I was "too young". My father was thrilled, and my grandmother reminded everyone that 22 and 24 were perfectly acceptable ages to have children, and that they had "pulled it off" at that age too.

That said, I was not a teen. My sister, however, was. I think my mom biffed her in the back of the head, and then told her she better make a doctor appointment.

Honestly, once you're telling your parents you are pregnant...what has been done has been done. In all likelihood, they will realize that being angry for too long is simply unproductive. After all, the baby is coming, and your time to prepare is limited. I know it is not the best news to hear as a parent, but their practical side will take over.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011