Need Ideas, Please Help!

I am moving into my aunt and uncle's trailer this week, my uncle's parents were renting it for awhile and moved out. It is an older trailer with brown wood like paneling and green carpet!! What kind of accents/colors can I add to help it look a little less old school? I feel like I just stepped back into the 70's and need an escape! lol

Missalissa86

Asked by Missalissa86 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• If it were me, I would use a paint primer and change the paneling to white. It will brighten everything up. You could also get a paintable white wallpaper and put that over the paneling... I woudl then get floor measurements and go look for remnants to get frsh carpet in it. Have fun !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Aww I wish I could! We are only renting for about 6 months, so we aren't allowed to make any drastic changes. I'm stuck just trying to accessorize as well as i can :(
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i would get a 'room size' area rug (8x10 feet) and cross my fingers that it covers up most of the carpet lol. i would just put lots of art on the wall to draw attention away from the paneling. i know paneling really makes it dark.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Brown is definately a color that can be modern and traditional at the same time, use this color to do accents with or as the background color.
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• a large room rug is a great idea! Also any wall decor would help. Good luck!
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 8:18 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• WALL DECOR
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 8:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Large rug and wall decor go with browns and tans.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 11:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• id go with a large rug some mirrors and bright colorful pics
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Pictures, large rug
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'd definitely go with a rug and some wall decorations...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 7:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2011