Does anyone else have a child with svt?

when my dd was just ove 1 year old we were told that she has svt. svt is when ur heart beats really fast and a lot of times ur need meds to make it go back to a normal rythum. well dd is now 3 well shell b 4 in just over a week but neway she had a "break throught" today thats what the doctor calls it when she has a svt attack. i also have svt so i know what it feels like when a svt attack happens. my svt is controled by meds and i also know how to clam myself as i am having an attack. well w/ dd it scares the shit out of me.now that u have a lil history, do any of u moms have ne advice on how to deal w/ svt in children? also have ne of ur children w/ svt have the ablation, if so what was it like did they cope well? thanks mamas.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well i dont know in kids but i do it myself and it can be kinda scary but from what i hear is not a huge deal i dont even take my meds for it i just deal with it but what is an ablation never heard of that i just hold my breath when it happens to me
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 3:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• the ablation is where they put 2 cathiders through ur legs up to ur heart and either freeze or burn the extra path way .
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My son has SVT but is no longer on meds for it. We just keep an eye on it and when he has attacks we control it together. He was diagnosed with it when he was 11 days old and is 5 now.
    Anthonys_mommy1

Answer by Anthonys_mommy1 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011