Leftover ham suggestions?

Lots of leftover ham from Sunday. What kinds of things could I use it for for dinner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I'd make ham salad, ham sandwiches and use some for breakfast and scramble some eggs with ham.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My favorite is ham, beans and potatoes. My dh gets mad cause he hates it and that is one of my favorite dinners lol. It is like a soup. If you don't know what it is as some don't all you do is put cut up ham in the crockpot with some ham with some water then cut up potatoes to put in it and then open some green beans poor the whole can (I don't drain mine though) in the crockpot and let cook all day until dinner that is my favorite.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I use ham in potatoe soup. You take cut up potatoes, milk, celery, corn, and ham add some salt and pepper, and slow cook it. I Dont have an actual recipe because when i cook i just throw stuff together. Also ham sandwiches for lunches and throw some ham in an omlet for breakfast.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'm using some of mine to make split pea and ham soup. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• looks like you cover all of it - anyone you can share with - this is what I do
    nettalou

Answer by nettalou at 9:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Every Easter my mom would take the leftover boiled eggs that we colored, take the shells off and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Then butter a casserole pan and lay the boiled eggs in the bottom of the pan. Any rolls or biscuits that was leftover would be crumbled or pinched into small pieces and place on top of the eggs (some would be saved to sprinkle on top of the casserole, too). Then any ham leftover would be cut into bite size pieces and place on the rolls/biscuits crumbs. Two cans of cream of mushrooms with 1 cans of milk was next in the casserole pan. Sprinkle with more rolls or biscuits crumbs on top (sometimes my mom would throw cheese on top,too). Bake in a 350 oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Leftover mashed potatoes would be reheated in the microwave and this casserole would be served on top of the mashed potatoes. Along with the leftovers veggies. My mother called this the After Easter Clean-Up Casserole.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 9:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I like ham steaks with breakfast. scalloped potatoes and ham, potato soup with ham, ham sandwiches.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• sandwiches...caserole...omlets
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• White beans with ham (with the leftover Easter ham), I made it for my kids' lunch today.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 10:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• pasta salad, ham & pea salad, bean soup, ham & scalloped potatoes, use it in collard or turnip greens, use it in black eyed peas, use it in green beans, use it for soup, use it for sandwiches
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011