What would your reactions be if you found out your teenager daughter is pregnant?

sydney1026

Asked by sydney1026 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• She did it, and now its her responsibility to raise the baby. I would help out financially though if she needed it.
    Anonymous

• LOL! I was that teenager! 27 years ago and my parents weren't happy with me...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• first it would depend on her age because to me there is a big difference between 13 and 19. So if she was 13 first I think would be angry, then maybe shock and a little disappointment. After that I would do everything I could to help her. At 19 I am not sure what I would feel because it would really depend on where her life was. Again I would help her and support her in any way I could.

Bottom line is she is my daughter and I will help her no matter what. I would never kick her out or make her go through something like that on her own.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• y-itz do not want to experience this
    nettalou

Answer by nettalou at 8:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would feel let down, but I'd be supportive and help her out. It's actually a fear of mine and my husband's for one of our girls to get pregnant young, but we both agree on what I said, support and help. I sure as heck would make sure she took care of the baby though, it wouldn't be one of those things where I'd be babysitting while she hangs out with friends and whatnot. Oh, and she'd have to finish school too, that's important.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well I would be upset but I would be there for her. I would try to teach her to be a good mother and make sure she gets her education. But at the same time I wouldn't be letting her go out and party and have me raise the baby. She would be learning responsibility....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would be devasted for the fact that i was i was 15 when i had my first one and i wouldnt want the same for her.I would want her to grow and mature.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would be very disappointed. She would have to work hard to finish school and get a job. But she would definately be raising that child by herself because she wanted to be woman enough to lay down and get preggo then she should be woman enough to take care of that child. I wouldn't turn my back on my child. I would be there when she needs me to guide her.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't see it happening, because my teenage girls (aged 13 and 16) have never even been so involved as to get a decent kiss from a guy. But if it happened, God forbid, I'd support them and if they were not able/willing to raise the child, I'd raise him/her for them. I'm really looking forward to grandchildren so it would not be a complelety bad thing, from my point of view. Just a big life change for my daughter.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Are we talkin 14 or 17? Cause there's a BiG difference between the two, and hence, my reaction. Regardless of age I would suport her and the child (if she decided to keep it) to the best of my ability.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011