Am I the only one or is there others out there like me?

My husband and I had many errands to run along with going to the doctors today. We were gone from 8 am to 3 pm. When I got home I had a funny feeling that something was not right and the first place my feet went to was the food pantry. Something was gone and I knew what it was. The top 3 shelves are for dinners......1 box of elbow noodles, 2 cans of kidneys beans, 1 can of chicken and 1 cream of mushroom was gone. I did not dig around in the pantry, look in the kitchen or in the trash. I just looked up and knew what was missing. My pantry is somewhat a mess, not really organized, and the boxes and cans are not all lined up like soliders. Even though my daughter who is 16 years old hid all of the evidence very well..she ask me how did I know? I just did and I am wondering is there others out there like me or am I am crazy? Oh why she did it...she was hungry. No I do not starve my child. There is frozen pizza, burritos, hamburger patties, and tons of leftovers in the fridge.....like fried chicken. So there was no excuse to get into that stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• gee, she ate all that?! yes, i could find anything in the pantry with my eyes closed. mine is organized, but not like a store lol. it comes in handy when i need to tell hubby where to find something lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I dont think its such a big deal she was hungry so she ate, and she ate what she liked. Go easy on her mom.
    Anonymous

• sounds a little crazy - did she cook it and eat it or what did she do with the stuff - maybe someone she knows is hungry - thought you wouldn't miss can food as much.. ?????
    nettalou

Answer by nettalou at 9:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Sounds like she may have an eating disorder. I used to be bulimic and did the same thing. That or perhaps she had company over.
    Anonymous

• My first thought is that she has an eating disorder but I hope I'm wrong.

Keep an eye on her.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• LMAO. Nope...I'm a nut like that too. Not only do I remember everything I have usually...but exactly how much it cost. My LP was just joking about my OCD issues the other day when I took the box of toothpicks out of the cupboard to test some cupcakes. He said "if I tipped this over on the floor, you would have to pick up every single one and you would know how many there were when you got up...probably by color" (they were the multicolor ones). The sad thing is that it is true! LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• She did cook it and ate ALL of it.....wash her dishes and put them away. She is not a straving child she does weigh almost 3 hundred pounds. Plus, take it easy on her....please that was 2 meals she ate and I have to replace.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• WOW instead of being tough on your child under your care you need to be tough on yourself and address the fact that your daughter is almost 300lbs.
    Anonymous

• Geez ladies I think the question she was asking was if anyone is that observant and notices things like that and decided to be quirky and add that her daughter didn't need to eat all that because there was food she could have eaten. And Im sure she explained that because you crazies would probably would start asking her why he dd needed to lake her own foodnor why there wasn't food in the house. But of course the woman will find something else mean to say, geez!! Take a time out ladies lol anyway....

To answer your question, I am like that to a certain extent. I notice those types of things or if something has been moved or touched, I think for me it comes from a very untrustworthy environment as a child so I learned to pick those types of things up. But I think over all it's a good thing
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 10:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thank you ProudMammaMia it seems like every time I ask a question I have to explain everything. Plus, I am trying to help my daughter lose weight but you can lead a horse to water but you can not make them drink it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Apr. 27, 2011