Looking to get a new vehicle any advice

Hubby told me that i could get a new vehicle and i could pick it out with none of his input lol. Im so happy but freaked out. I want a suv or a truck but my suv gets like 25-32 mpg but trucks dont come close and suvs dont get to close either. i want something new but idk help me!!!! I only have one child so i dont need something with a third row seat. Uhhhhhhhhhh im thinking about a jeep wrangler but there not really safe for children. Please help!?!?! I have to get a used car cause thats all we can afford my price range is around 16000

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 9:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• well i would try to find something in your price range that still has some of the manufacture's warrenty left on it and then get extended warrenty so you have roadside assistance, fix things that break, etc. you could research the kinds of vehicles that have the best safety records online and then make those a priority when you go to test-drive. keep an open mind and don't settle for the first thing you remotely like. if i find a car i like i always go home to 'sleep on it' and they usually take off a little bit more the next day. gl!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• google car reviews. It will give you a good insight to what is available,overall ratings and practical for your needs. Happy shopping.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It really depends on your needs and taste. For $16000 with one kid I would quickly buy another Trailblazer. I had a loaded up one that I loved. I was on my third pregnancy and was going to keep it and just put two carseats and a toddler seat across the back UNTIL I found out I was having twins. Buh-bye went my beloved Trailblazer. I cried the day I traded it in for a (gulp) mini-van. I miss my Trailblazer but did not like the one's with third row seats. Dh wrecked the mini-van two years later, so he bought me an Armada. He said he felt so bad about the Trailblazer he wanted to make it up to me (he is a Chevy guy so buying a Nissan was hard for him).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• subarus are the bomb dot com. they are station wagons but they are great on gas and fabulous on safety and driving in water/snow
    ChivosPet

Answer by ChivosPet at 9:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• We're moving back to the States soon and need a new car as well. We're actually looking into a Chevy Volt, that new car that can run on electricity and gas. Gas should be going up to $5 soon so we're thinking this would be a good investment. They also have the Nissan Leaf that runs completely off electricity.
    PrettyGirlRedd

Answer by PrettyGirlRedd at 9:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I had a 2006 Jeep Cherokee, I didn't care for it too much. I now have a 2011 Honda Pilot and I LOVE it! My Hubby works in the rental car industry, so he gets a new car once or twice a week. He usually gets an SUV on the weekends and that is the car we're in. We have been in so many different SUVs and honestly it makes me LOVE my car even more. A lot of people complain on the Jeep Commander, Jeep Cherokee, and GMC Acadia. I always wanted a Tahoe, but having been in on e quite a bit I'm glad we never bought one. The only thing I really like is the Suburban. I think the Expeditions are okay too.

Hope this helps a bit.
    www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 12:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Check out Consumer Reports.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011