When is the last time DH/SO said something so sweet it brought tears to your eyes?

Me and DH were talking about what we were going to do with each other's bodies after we die (we can be a little morbid like that sometimes lol) anyways...he said he wanted to get a double coffin and have them dig him up when I die and put me in with him(a joke because he knows I want to be cremated)...I told him that I was going to cremate him and have him made into a diamond and put into my wedding ring.... Then I asked him if he would be mad if I did that and then pawned him...he told me no because the last thing in the world he would want is for me to suffer in any way, and if he could still take care of me even after he dies he would be happy to do it... Now all of this was just us kidding around..he's been playing video games the whole time we were talking lol but when he said that, he actually paused the game and looked me in my eyes

I know it's silly but it actually brought tears to my eyes lol...

What did your spouse say to you to make you choke up?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I joked to my husband that he wouldn't find me beautiful when I was pregnant because my belly would be swollen, full of stretch marks, and my boobs would be saggy and gross. Without even thinking, he said, "Of course you'd be beautiful. You'd be carrying my child."

I was so moved I was speechless.

A year later, I was pregnant with the gross belly and boobs, but he told me I was beautiful and sexy every day!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• He posted to me on Facebook, "Of all of the people I've met in my life, I chose the best possible one to be a mom". He is so not the type to say something like that where others could say it, and it surprised me. He only says something if he REALLY means it, so it meant a lot.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• That is super sweet :)!!!! Me and my hubby have been TTC for a long time now....... through it all he has remained positive lifted me time after time. He goes to all of my appointments (by choice). Thats enough to make me cry lol, guess I am turning into a big baby!! I can't wait to share your little story with him :)
    Kamajehsmommy

Answer by Kamajehsmommy at 9:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Nothing, ever. He does not have a sweet or romantic bone in his body.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• where others could SEE it* typo
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• agreed with mom 2 3 girlz!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 9:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I forget when... sometime this winter we were talking about dying too lol and I said something about reincarnation and he said "Well if that happens then I really hope I meet you again"
    He said it so immediately and nonchalantly that it was obviously simply the way he felt. He wasn't trying to be sappy or anything. I told him I thought it was the sweetest thing he'd ever said
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• when he tells me he loves my pregnant body.
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 10:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I asked him how much he loved me. He says "more than anything in this world, except our son..."
    Mrs.Absher

Answer by Mrs.Absher at 10:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011