• In the Spotlight:

What does it means when an employer does not call when they say they will call?

I went a job interview on Tuesday, Dec. 02, 2008. The interview went well aleast that's what I thought. The manager said she give me call the next day after, she calls my last employer. It is now 3:38 and no call. Should I call her back or just wait until tomorrow?

nancykeel30

Asked by nancykeel30 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would at least give her another day you never know if she has just been busy or something
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• wait until tomorrow then call.. sometimes they just get busy and don't do it or forget.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I would probably call her back, only because I would want to keep myself fresh in the employers mind and show her how serious I was about wanting the job. GL to you
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• you should show desperation but not like in a stalker type way, i would just call and remind her that you thought she said she was going to call, but wasnt sure what the update is.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• She may be very busy. I'd wait til around noon tomorrow, and then if you haven't heard, give her a call. Just tell her you're still really excited and you just wanted to find out where the process is.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Take initiative and call them. My husband and I own our own business and I have gotten so busy that I forgot to call someone back. When they called me it showed that they were go getters and were not shy. Good luck.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2008