This is for a project but, How do you think a Universal Health Care plan will impact our current system and what changes do you think will be occuring. Any input would be SOOOO helpful!

My2boys0523

Asked by My2boys0523 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in

• If it is the same as in Canada, I don't see the problem. I have cousins who live in Canada and they don't seem to have any problems with it. I hope you get a lot of answers for your research because I am interested in this also. I think it is something the US needs. It's a shame if you lose your job you also lose your healthcare. My husband retired and if we wanted to keep the same benefits for our children under COBRA it would cost us over $400. I quit reading after I saw the amount. I don't know if this is per child or for an individual child. Probably individual. Ridiculous!
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think it is horrible that we pretend to be a first world nation but can't take care of our sick.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 10:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• On the one hand, it SOUNDS like a good idea. Hubby will be retiring soon and to keep our current insurance, it'll cost us $13,000/yr. with 10% increases in our premiums every year (and that's for a f***ing HMO). HOWEVER, I don't think that any socialized plan (whether it's for health care, or the educational system, which is the biggest socialized plan out there right now) would work in this country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I have a friend from Canada and had to bring her mother to the states or else wait for 8 weeks for a simple script refill.Yes it is not good either.If we are really going to do this it must be done right.Every health care plan on the planet has bad things attached to it.They will set fees for doctors and guess what? doctors will retire early,and we will see a fall in medicine.Long waits for appointments,no personal care any more it will be assembly line medicine is what i am afraid of.WE have doctors here now offering to barter their services,yes they do accept chickens!!!!It is wild but true.Doctors will go in to private practices and start home visits more to stay out of the government run health care.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thank you all so much for your input! . and if its alright with you I may quote some of you, don't worry I will site my source. and if you any of you have a problem with the quoting thing just email me or put it in my chatter box and I won't use you.
    If some of you want more information I found some really good sites here they are: www.yesmagaizne.org/issues/health-care-for-all/health-care-is what-ails-us
    http://familydoctormag.com/doctors-office/194-debate-universal-health-care-pros-and-cons-from-the-experts.html
    www.ncpa.org/pub/ba649
    http://reason.org/news/show/the-economic-impact-of-preside
    My2boys0523

Comment by My2boys0523 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2011