Went for a high impact walk this afternoon to make contractions pick up and now when i have one it's reallllllllly painful ....

i had contractions every 20 min steady after that then a 4 or 5 hrs later im in lots of pain. it's really painful in the front - no back pain (which i heard you would have with contraction) are these contractions or did i hurt myself?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never had back pain with either of my babies. It sounds like contractions to me but I'd call your doctor/midwife and see what they recommend. You could also try taking a warm bath or shower and if the contractions are real they'll stay around but if it's false contractions then they'll stop. The pain down below could be from pulling a muscle or from the baby moving down. I had pain there sometimes with my second dd and was told she was moving down. Sometimes it made me feel like I had to push. Anyways, I'd just give your obgyn a call because they'll be able to help you better. :-)
    GodsAmiga

Answer by GodsAmiga at 10:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• how do you feel when you lie down?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• lots of shooting pains in my hooha almost non stop and the cramping and tightening still every 20 min or so
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• try drinking a large glass of water and lay on your left side if its too painful call your ob.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• How long of a walk was it and how fast were you walking? If you pushed yourself too much there's definitely a chance of you feeling it now, but it sounds like it may be labor pains to me!
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Our birthing teacher has told us that if there is really bad cramping to first lie down, and drink some water. A cousin of mine was going through some bad cramping, and come to find out, she just needed to drink a bit more. Good luck with your pregnancy!
    khebert

Answer by khebert at 8:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011