Anyone ever had an all natural birth and one with the epidural? big diffrence?

sydney1026

Asked by sydney1026 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had an epi with my first, but it didn't take. It was awful. Then I had an all-natural birth, and it was beautiful. Sooo much better. Then I had an emergency c-sec, then two all-natural VBACs which were good too. My last one was another c-sec.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I did all natural with my LO the nurses all were amazed at how quickly I was back up and walking around after having her just 3 hours before, they said none of the epidural moms did that.
    ChivosPet

Answer by ChivosPet at 9:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My 1st 2 births were with epis and my 3rd without. I plan on going without for this baby too because I honestly don't remembering it being that painful. I was so far along by the time I got to the hospital that I pushed without the doctor or nurses being ready because I was ready and could feel him coming out.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• First was an epidural- 4 1/2 hours of pushing ended with Ds being vacuumed out. He had severe jaundice and refused to nurse. My recovery was long and uncomfortable.

Second was au natural- 30 minutes of pushing barely even needed the midwife to help w elivery. Dd nursed for 12 months no problem.

The contractions were worse w out an epidural but the delivery part felt the same. Pm me if you want any more insight or advice. I recommend natural 100%!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I had a epidural with my first and I don't like the shot even tho all the pain stopped and with my 2nd I had a natural birth and that was much better
    ms.keisha17

Answer by ms.keisha17 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• what did the shot feel like?
    sydney1026

Comment by sydney1026 (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I had a drug free birth with my first, epidural with my second, and another drug free birth with my third, can you tell which I preferred? I have back pain now at the site of that stupid epidural =(
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I had an epi with my first and went natural with my second.

My second was MUCH better and I never plan to have an epi again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My first 3 were natural, my last 2 I had epidurals. They weren't much different for me. I'm extremely glad that I got to experience both. 1 of my naturals was an induction, and one of my epi's was an induction, so I got both experiences that way too. And truly they weren't that much different. As far as baby nursing, me being up & about, etc, it was about the same - I was actually out of bed sooner after my last 2 than with my first 3. But then again I'm backwards from most people with more things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Both have been epis but the first one took so well that I could not feel myself pushing and i had to push for 2 hrs. I couldnt walk for hrs after. My second the 1st epi didnt take but the 2nd did and it was perfect. I could feel a little pressure to know when to push and I pushed twice to deliver. 20 min later I walked myself to my postpardum room. So I dont believe the stuff about epis being bad. I HATE needles but they use a tiny one to numb the area and you dont feel much. Like a bee sting.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 27, 2011