Afraid of running into my SD.

So she broke our hearts and pulled CPS bullshit on her dad and I. She is a chronic liar, makes up stories about herself getting hurt, us beating her, her mom verbally abusing her (which I don't believe). She will say anything to get attention, it's really sad. Anyhow, she moved out a few months ago (thank God finally an adult!) but she moved out on bad terms and I am so terrified of running into her. She has recently been going to church where we go and I am nervous about it. Yes I am Christian but sure as heck ain't perfect. I don't know how to handle this. I am so HURT by her actions and complete betrayal, I will never trust her again. What would you do in this situation if you ran into her?
Ps I love her very much.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• She is telling you very clearly to leave her alone. That is what I would do. Give her five or six years to get her head together and see what happens, but right now she is her own train wreck but she is focusing it on y'all.

She won't pull her self together until she doesn't have any one else to blame.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 10:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• no eye contact and not one word to her for the rest of my life. i tend to hold a grudge though... i would never ever talk to her in my life. i could work out certain issues, but that CPS shit would be the ultimate no-no in my book. the little wench would be non existent to me after calling CPS.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would lose trust and steer clear.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• People change you got to give her time, after all she is still young, BUT if she shows no sign of proving change and ass kissing I would keep it moving and tell her straight up how you feel and immediately walk away so you won't be walking around with that on your mind. If she truly changes she will come to you. Remember karma is a Bi+ch so it does make people change.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thank you so much! You are all right. It sucks, I wake up in the middle of the night and think about it. I am angry as hell at times. other times just sad about it all. Ugh. I hope she gets help and grows up someday and we can be close again. For steps to each other we were really close. I want to forgive and heal so there is definately hope. Thanks for helping me in this though, I will just give her time and let her come to me.
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Something similar happened to me and now that time has passed most of the wounds are healed. I truly hope you are able to reestablish the relationship with her. Best of luck!
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 2:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2011