Beauty tips

whats your fav all time beauty tip or secret?

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• LOL amberdawnbarr, I totally was typing that at the same time as you!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I use Vaseline to remove my eye makeup. It not only takes it all off, but moisturizes the skin around your eye and your lashes.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Gosh, I have a lot! I guess the one I use all the time is Vaseline for a eye makeup remover. Although sometimes when I travel, I forget it, so I have used my hair oil, CHI Silk Infusion, or Enjoy Hair and Skin Treatment Oil to remove my eye makeup. It works great! Also, in order to make your lipstick stay on longer, use a lip liner.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• actually a tip would be that vasolive does not moisturize it drys out and thats whay people that use it use it constantly because it becomes a habit not that it works.TRUE. I would say to always apply eye makeup before your foundations so that your face is clean after application and to use a fondation primer it does so much for your skin.
    TTURNBAUGH

Answer by TTURNBAUGH at 2:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Vaseline is a petrochemical and should not be used on skin; I learned that in my teens and still can't believe others haven't picked up on that.

I have so many beauty tips but I think the best would be to take care of your skin. Use a natural, gentle cleanser and be sure to moisturize (again, be sure to use products without any petrochemicals, parabens, SLS, phthalates, etc.); they do so much damage to your skin. And be weary of sunscreens; they are loaded with toxins. And the less you do, the better. I don't use exfoliating products on my face; a washcloth provides all the exfoliating I need. I've never had to deal w/acne and I'll be 47 soon and don't have any wrinkles (I still get carded, which makes me laugh every time because my oldest is that age)!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If you want shiney hair that feels silky, without buying expensive salon clarifyers, shampooh with a good shampooh, my Dr. recommended Dove, as I have sensitive skin.

I premix 1/4 Cup of, either brown or white vinegar with 3/4 Cup warm water, (brown to bring out the red, or white to bring out the more golden tones)   When it's time to rinse the conditioner, pour the vinegar water over your hair, conditioner & all, comb through & then just rinse it all out.

The smell will disapate & it leaves your hair feeling great!

I have been doing this for many yrs.  My DD finally tried it & now she does it all the time, so does my Friend..

turtldov

Answer by turtldov at 11:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Drink lots of water.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2011