What to do in this situation???

ok, so my dh nephew is living durin the week with us and the weekend with his uncle, and since he came to live over here, i noticed that he lets his nails grow to the length like a girl, and today when my dh asks him what does he wants to do about his life since he is 17, he said that he wants to live by himself and doesn't want a family, and when we would ask him why, he just got nervous, and then i asked him if he ever wants to have a gf or a family of his own, he wouldn't answer the question, and get nervous.

to make story short, his dad had an affair with another woman in mexico, and when this boy was 4, he brought him over here, and just some months ago my dh found out that his sister in law never treated him like a son, and her children never treated him like brother, and would make him eat after they did just the left overs, he doesn't eat or drink milk or cheese, and i can tell that he has health problems bc his nails are thin, he doesn't drink juice of any kind.

what can i do to help him?? or what do u think???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Poor guy really needs some help, I would pay for him to get counseling if I could, just so he could talk to a stranger about it and know that it was not his fault, and that he didn't deserve to be treated the way he was! That really breaks my heart. God bless you for wanting to help him, just be the family that he never had but deserved as an innocent child!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• he needs counseling of some kind. take him to the dr, sometimes abuse like that turns into eating disorders
    esmith1984

Answer by esmith1984 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• What does he eat around the house? He may need a therapist, it sounds like he was neglected as a child. Does he have any friends? He is probably scared to get in a relationship because of what his mom did, would you blame him. Maybe he is not ready for a relationship yet.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think you should take him to a therapist. He needs help for sure!
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 2:14 AM on Apr. 27, 2011