V-8 Fusion

I don't really like veggies so is it the same to drink this instead of eating veggies?
Is there some other supplement I should be taking?

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 10:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i drink V8 Splash. I don't like thr Fusion. And yes you can get your servings but unfortunately you also get sugar and sodium that you don't get in fresh fruits and veggies
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• What is the V8 Splash? I drink the fusion bc I'm more of a fruit person and I like the flavor better than regular V8
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It's not the same. When you create juice out of fruit or veggies you're losing valuable nutrients like fiber. It also has a lot of sodium and while it has no 'added' sugar it still has a lot of it. It would be OK to have once in awhile but definitely if you're looking for a way to get veggies in on a regular basis, this is not the way to go. I used to be super picky about veggies, but very slowly I started introducing veggies into my diet. Try to keep an open mind - experiment with different recipes and seasoning and if you have a veggie you are OK with try eating it more, the more you eat it, the more you'll end up liking it (it's how I went from really not liking bell peppers to loving them)
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I made my own smoothies/juices using whole fruits and veggies. I think that is a way better option than buying v8
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 11:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• kayslay how do you make you smoothies with veggies? I make some with fruit but never tried with veggies.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• 3-4 leaves of kale, LARGE handful of spinach, banana, and choose fresh or frozen berries, peaches, pineapple, (experiment to add variety) Add about 1/2 cup water (add more or less as you like) and ice to chill. Blend and drink up! Start with more spinach as it adds very little flavor. Kale tends toward the bitter side, so adjust as you like.
    If you find you like this, experiment with other greens... Add broccoli, collard greens, etc.
    I found this on http://www.breakupwithsugar.com/?p=171. The above is what I've portioned to make it not so large. I drink this every morning and sometimes after work too!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I agree that you need to find other ways to get your veggies. Have you tried pureeing? I add pureed cauliflower to burgers and casseroles, spinach and carrots to meatloaf and spaghetti sauce, and all sorts of other things. It actually can I prove theflavors of some foods! Try stir frying or finding other ways to prepare veggies you may not have tried before. You may surprise yourself! Smoothies may be another great way- throw a handful of spinach into a smoothie, for example.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• @musicpisces Thank you! I have got to try it with my spaghetti sauce.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• YES! But, if you don't like veggies, i recomend staying away from the original tomato blend. The fruit ones taste fine and NOT like veggies. My MIL was worried about that too and REFUSED to try it, to each their own. I didn't think that I would like it either, but needed more fruits and veggies.. So we went out I figured at least DH and DD would drink it if i didn't, but we all do. They are good!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• As far as supplements go. You want to be careful of what you get. Some don't fully absorb into your system because the way they are made. I can't really suggest anything but purchase a bottle, put it in water and see how well it dissolved in a few hours. If not, your body isn't going to get much from it! I DO want to let you know that veggies are important for your body though. Vegetables hold fiber and fiber actually (believe it or not) get rid of bacteria and irritants that can cause cancer and other forms of illnesses. Not to mention all of the other great nutrients you get from vegetables.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:15 AM on Apr. 27, 2011