Give your thoughts {dog question}

ok i have a pit bull named gohan hes sweet as ever never a bad action ..{unless u include wrapping himself around random trees and limbs lol} we have neighbors the man just walks through our yard .. our dog hates the man {rumor has it he fights dogs and we even rescued 1 of his that was wounded and called animal control} if he walks through my yard and gohan bites him would they make me put him to sleep? gohan is tethered and everyone but that guy is loved on if they go in the yard.. he hates that man and growl's and takes a few steps back when he sees him.. the man just walks right through my yard ...what do u think about this ? sorry so long..

Kittty_Katt

Asked by Kittty_Katt at 10:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pets

• Not sure what would happen but I would try to do all I could to prevent him from biting ANYONE.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Why is this guy trespassing on your property? That seems creepy. I have no idea, but IMO if your dog bit the guy then that's his fault!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 10:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yeah, I would definitely put a stop to him walking on MY property!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree with bdflykisses. Why is he in your property? That's illegal! If your dog bites him then it's not your fault at all, your dog was protecting you and your property!
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Actually, you would be held liable if your dog bites him, even on your own property. I would post no trespassing signs and if at all possible put up a fence.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 10:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• our pit bull bit someone who broke into our house and we did not have to put our dog down since it was self defense! i was 5 months pregnant! and if the dog had not bit him i would of shot him so he got lucky! but the dumb butt still tried to sue us! it was such a joke! i would put up signs and saying no trespassing and a fence! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• gohans a huge baby.. hes a blue pitt hes got very protective after he learned about lucia baby being born .. the guy has been told not to walk through our yard.. our landlords been told too.. he said just try avoid him biting but the guy seems to b asking 4 it.. our neighborhoods covered n no trespassing signs .. im gonna get one made that says beware of dog and post it that way hes informed but gohans a huge baby..
    Kittty_Katt

Comment by Kittty_Katt (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If he is on your property then your dog should not get into trouble. However if I was you I would get a couple no trespassing and maybe beware of dog signs and post them on your property. That way if something does happen those signs will help your case. The guy is in the wrong but this should protect you and your dog.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My Border Collie/Lab wouldn't Bite anyone- (i don't think!) b/c he is Too Sweet:) but, i have a " Beware of Dog " sign on the front of my gate; just in case- if there is a Warning Sign you can not be held liable-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• we never heard gohan growl til he met that guy.. animals sense ppls intentions so i dont like the guy my dog seems to have a fear of him .. after he got loose and the guy brought him home hes been very negative toward him..
    Kittty_Katt

Comment by Kittty_Katt (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2011