Workout DVDs

Which ones are the best?
I need something to push me. I have a small living room so maybe one that I won't need a lot of space.
Also, after buying the dvd do I just go off of that or will I need to purchase additional equipment?

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 10:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have and LOVE LOVE LOVE Turbo Jam! The entire program is like $60 and it comes with the only "equipment" you'll need.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I like anything that involves dance. They are more fun. And you wont need to buy any equipment
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i have pilatties. it works good. all you need is those strechy bends, weights( i use food can) a towel and water. it is fun, interesting and it works
    dement

Answer by dement at 10:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I like Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I've heard great things about P90X and Insanity, but I believe they both require equipment.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:11 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It depends on what you have and what you like! Yoga doesn't take much room, but depending on the CD it won't push your body. If you do the Jillian DVD's she will push you, but you need stuff like weights and a stepping platform. I personally like dancing ones, they will get your heart rate up. If you are looking to tone and build and to really feel the burn check out Gilad dvd's. Some of the 15-20 minute video's are kind of whimpy (if you go to a walmart and say oh it's dance or something and try it out) but, if you don't have a lot of time there you go! I personally like ZUMBA and GILAD because they push you and ZUMBA is wicked fun for me! They apparently have strip tease weight loss work outs and.. Belly Dancing is fun, but if you can't move your hips, I don't recommend it. None of these take up too much space! Good Luck! :)
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• There are hundreds of programs out there...some require equipment and some don't. It will depend on what you like to do..the trick is to find something that you love and then it won't be a chore.

Beachbody has the best programs available IMO. I am a Beachbody coach, so I use them almost exclusively. I LOVE Insanity. It is hardcore, but well worth the money if you really like a challenge. You need space to jump, do pushups, walking pushups, and suicide drills but no equipment- it is all you. P90X is also awesome- you need space for jumps, dumb bells, pull up bar, and a space to do Yoga.
    Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, and Chalean Extreme are all Chalene Johnson workouts, RevAbs is Brett from the Biggest Loser, there are a million of them!
    If you are interested in a Beachbody program let me know!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Like mcginnisc I'm a Beachbody Coach and LOVE Insanity, i'm on day 10 and i've already gone down a size.

TurboJam is also by beachbody as is P90X, TurboFire, ChaLEAN, RevAbs, and so many more. If you want to at least read some success stories and watch videos about these workouts to see if they are from you just visit: www.beachbodycoach.com/melissaogrady

But other workouts like Biggest Loser, or Jillian mIchaels are good too, lol Insanity just makes Jillian seem like a wuss though!!! hehehehe

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I love Wii Fit because I can do Yoga, Strength Exercises & Arobics. It's great when I can't leave the house to go for a walk!! And it works muscles you didn't know you had lol

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 12:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011