Lasagna

Do you make it or buy it?
If you buy which brand do you get?
If you make it, how do you make it?

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 10:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I buy it occasionally, but I like homemade much better. If I'm buying, it's Stouffer's. Homemade, I use 1/2 ground beef, 1/2 sweet italian sausage, and either make homemade marinara sauce or jarred. I don't use ricotta or cottage cheese - mozzarella only. Little sauce on the bottom of the glass baking dish, noodles, meat sauce, cheese, repeat. Finish with cheese on top, cover with foil, bake at 350 for 30 minutes, uncover, bake another 10 minutes, let it sit 10 minutes, then serve.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I make my own. From the home made sauce down to the hand grated Parmesan cheese. I buy Barilla flat, No bake noodles so I dont have to bother with par boiling them and I use a bechamel cream sauce in between the layers.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I've never bought it, I always make it.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Make it.
    Like Ginger, I do 1/2 pound beef, 1/2 pound sausage and I mix that in the sauce. I also do a homemade sauce. I do use ricotta, parmesan and mazzarella cheeses mixed together as my filling. I then layer sauce/meat mix first, then the pasta noodles (I use the ones you have to cook, I just think they taste better), then the cheese mixture. I alternate these layers putting the sauce/meat mixture last. I then cover with foil and bake about 30 minutes. I then remove the foil, top with Mozzarella cheese and bake for another 10 minutes. Then I let it sit for 10 before cutting.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I make it on occasion and buy Stouffer's frozen on occasion. I buy the no-boil lasagna noodles & they have a basic lasagna recipe that is good on the back of the box. I like to add some other things as well such as diced tomatoes, extra mozzarella, Italian seasoning, etc.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I usually use just ground turkey, but I think I will try it with sausage.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I make it. My son can't have gluten so we make it with rice noodles (not as good, in my opinion). We use lean ground beef or ground turkey, organic gluten free sauce ( I need to learn to make my own), ricotta cheese, mozerella cheese and parmesan cheese...looking for a better recipe though, maybe with some veggies or with zucchini instead of noodles..
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I do half and half. It is Stouffer's when I buy it and it typically ends up being the same price and tasting approximately the same. LOL I don't know if that speaks for or against my lasagna skills. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Make it and buy Stouffer's
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i made it once, i bought it twice. the second time it lasted us a long time before it finished. we ate like 4 different times.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011