Bump!! DO YOU THINK PREGNANCY IS A CRISIS?

anywhere there is an advertisement about pregnancy help, it is a "crisis" or a "problem"
i saw a sign that said "Pregnancy Crisis Center" or the commercials for "Pregnancy crisis help"
even if you didnt mean to, you ARE pregnant, its over and done with. why sit there and think so negative about it? shouldnt you focus on what to do in a more positive manner? in my opinion every child is a gift from god regardless of where s/he came from...

even if you didnt plan the child, be positive and try to better yourself or if you truly believe you cant find the best way to deal with the circumstances, whehter it be working your rear off to take care of the child or putting it up for adoption so another family can have a child in their life..

it just seems like society has made pregnancy be a "problem" or "crisis" or a "mistake" in everyones minds....
does anyone else agree or see wher

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 3:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• PS...i dont even know if i used that "bump" thing correctly LMAO
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I don't think pregnancy in general should be labeled as a crisis in any way. But 13 and 14 year old GIRLS having baby's when they are still baby's themselves that is a crisis and the fact that is become more and more common. It's really sad.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Hmm u got me thinking wow, You are so right i really NEVER noticed, until you said something, Well it would be for some * rapes* teenagers not wanting the child etc* But...for most i don't believe it would or should be labeled that way,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I get your point. I dont really understand that either. being pregnant and becoming a mother/parent is one of the best things in the world.

But at the same time when i read your question i thought about my mom. She needed to get an abortion because of the breast cancer she had it would have been to dangerous for her own life to carry a baby (long story, dont feel like talking about it too much).
    And I also thought about women who got pregnant because of a rape.

I think there are many reasons why some women just dont want the baby they carry in their belly.
    But other than that i totally agree with you.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yeah, I think those signs are targeted to people who feel their pregnancy is a crisis (raped, too young, etc.,) For those of us for whom it's a blessing: we know the signs and ads aren't directed at us.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I agree! It's really sad how all unplanned pregnancies are treated this way... especially if the mother and father of the child love each other, and plan to raise the child together (no matter how young!). This negative stigma on unplanned pregnancy is really quite sad, and I think it coaxes women in to getting abortions when they otherwise would not have one. Pressure from family and friends to not go through with the pregnancy due to this crisis conditioning that we have all become subjected to. Pregnancy is such a beautiful and life-changing event in life. Even if one decides not to raise a child themselves, having a child turns a girl in to a woman, and we need more strong women in this world.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• RIght, but it seems like they are pounding negativity into ones head. if someone is depressed and wanting to commit suicide, we arent going to harp on the negativity in their lives, we are going to try and fix it in a positive way...

idk if that makes sense or not...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• well there are even commercials that say
    "i got pregnant and didnt mean to what do i do??" and it will continue to go on about "if you reached a crisis in your life with an unplanned pregnancy....

and have all that SAD music and mopiness, it just CAUSES negativity to b put in your head...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Hmm, IDK, maybe they are trying to down play the glory and blessing of it all since so many kids think it's something so wonderful and neat so they want to get pregnant too. In no way was mine a crisis, but maybe they are trying to un-glorify it for those who really aren't ready. IDK if that even makes sense.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 4:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The crisis pregnancy centers are for girls/women who have, for lack of a better word, an unwanted pregnancy. Like sfwilson said, if they're too young, or were raped. Those centers are there to help women make a positive choice.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2008