Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you put your BD on child support?

If you and your bd have an understanding and he does what he can for the lil one but now that we move I have to keep telling him over and over again like what he suppose to be doing?

Answer Question

Asked by mystery8307 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

Level 9 (348 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • Not exactly sure of your circumstances but I trusted mine to help out without court ordered support- that got me $8 in 3 years. So now support is ordered, but not payed. Some day (hopefully) he'll pay the 10 grand he's owes.   So yes, I would make him pay.


    Answer by skittles1108 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • You shouldn't have to tell him what he need to do for hus child. Do it.

    Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • I mean his

    Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • Your baby deserves to be supported by both parents. Get child support from him.

    Answer by ohwrite at 11:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • If something were to happen between me and my hub, you bet your ass I'm going to have mine covered, even if we did have an understanding.

    Its always better to get something legal and in writing. That way, if he fails to uphold his end, the courts would be more willing to be on your side.

    Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • I would. Usually those verbal contracts never work.

    Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • My ex was usually pretty good at giving me the money, but every once in awhile he would say "i can't afford that much this month, so here's half" or something like that and i was usually after he'd gone on a trip with his gf. Then I suffered and I had no way of getting what he said he would give me. After 7 years, I asked hiim to consider increase his support as the cost of child care kept increasing as did other cost. He refused so i took him to court.

    Answer by layh41407 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • Hello Ladies, I would like to respond to this question being that I am a mother of three. I am only responding from the view of my teachings and up bringing. Due to the way society has allowed for we as a group of people to grow, it is ok that we have children outside of wedlock. (not spoken to once married single moms) Now with this being so, if u have not taken time to get to know the person that u mate with and decide to have your child or children from then u may fall victim to this question. We need to spend time checking the history of a person. Their family values, what was their life like as a child, did their father support them. Apples don't fall to far from the tree(not in all occassions) Child support doesn't ensure that u will receive support. Eventually u may, long after the child has grown up. I am not saying don't apply but silence is grand. U will find out how much they care if u don't call them.

    Answer by Jazzphire at 11:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • If the child inquires about the absent parent contact them. due to there lack of support let them do the inquiring. If they want visitation, let them come and get the child. Put the support factor in front of their face. Dont put yourself out of the way you are already doing your fair share and more.

    Answer by Jazzphire at 11:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • I'd get it court-ordered. Those verbal things never work out, and he might stop paying after a while. Then where would you be? You'd have no other recourse anyway but to file. Good luck!

    Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.