Am I getting over heated when I run or jog?

Every time I do this for about 45 mins. into my exercise I can feel my face really warm and my face is red...I am ok I just make sure I drink plenty of water. But should I keep going or is it normal to turn this way.
I think I look funny bc my eyelids look white and my lower part of my face is too. Weird.
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• are you well hydrated before you run?? Make sure your in your target heart rate range and not above it.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• it is completely normal. As long as you can talk with very little strain you are working out to where you should. When you exercise your muscles work harder, your heart beats faster and your whole body gets a lot more blood and oxygen to it! That is why everything feels really hot when you exercise (as far as your body goes). Now, if you can hardly talk at all and always need to catch your breath, try slowing down a little bit, or push yourself in small intervals. As long as you are hydrated you are fine. As your body works your core temperature rises a little. The body regulates that by sweating. If you can think of anymore questions, please visit my blog and ask me to write about something specific (different foods or types of foods, water, fiber, or just questions like this.) http://losingweighteasy-kimberly.blogspot.com/
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i think your just getting a little warm from working its ok imo
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 3:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• The same thing happens to me when I really push myself in a workout. My face, neck, and chest get red and blotchy looking. That's when I know I'm kicking butt.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Sounds pretty normal, but definitely make sure you're delrinking plenty of water. The best way to gauge is to weigh yourself before and after a run, and for any lbs lost, drink 2 cups of water per pound. Any weight loss is simply water loss, so you need to make that up. I think most of us runners know the runner's flush! :) That's why I don't know how people can run on their lunch breaks- they're all sweaty and red the rest of the day!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2011