Do you think folic acid can get me pregnant faster if I up the dose?

I have been taking folic acid and got pregnant for my 1st child and now I want other baby should I take it twice a day or just once?

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• As far as I know FA doesn't get you pregnant, it helps prevent certain birth defects.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Folic acid doesn't get you pregnant.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Agreed! Folic Acid does NOT get you pregg!!! You take it to PREVENT birth defects.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 11:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The getting pregnant and taking the folic acid with your first child was a coincidence. The others are correct. The FA has nothing to do with you getting pregnant, it's to help ensure a healthy child once you get pregnant.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• When tryingg for my second child the Healt Unit told me to take them to help in the process of getting pregnant! Thought sounded pretty nuts myself but I have lots of people taking them before getting pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Taking it does NOT help you get pregnant. The reason they recommend taking while TTC is beause it prevents birth defects that can occur before you even know you a pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Folic acid does not get you pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It doesn't help with conception really. Taking more than recommended is not a good idea. Stick with regular doseage.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2011