Anyone familiar with Corona for diaper rash treatment??

A new doctor to our town recommended Corona equine onitment for my dd's diaper rash. He said it is a Mennenoite treatment that can be purchased at a feed store.

I am curious if anyone else has heard of this. I am rather hesitant to give it a try.

rcbrown

Asked by rcbrown at 3:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Girl, let me tell you. My husband swears by the stuff. He reminds me of the guy off of My big fat greek wedding who thinks windex cures anything. My husband thinks that stuff crues what ailes u. When my daughter got terrible diaper rash, and the creams wern't helping because she kept having diarreah he brought in his tube on corona udder balm from the barn (my husband is a cowboy) and told me to put that on her. I was like uh no. But i finally did, and it worked in about 2 days, the redness was gone. You do have to put it on a little more often becuase it isn't as think. The tube that he had was the actual udder balm ointment and thicker than the last tube we bought. But the stuff isn't white like regular diaper rash stuff. Its more clear or colorlsee looking. Pretty much like a salve is how i would describe it. Bottom line is it won't hurt the baby. So you can try it and feel safe about it.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 3:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• LMAO i seriously thought you meant beer.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• LMAO, I did too when the doctor told me that! lol
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 3:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I thought you meant beer too. LMAO I have never heard of this. I used Dr. Smith's it was great!
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 3:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Oh, and you do get it at the feed store (at least thats where we get it at). And a huge tube of it is only like $5.00. It is a yellowish orange tube. You can also but it off line. If you need the websites just let me know.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 3:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Damn, i forgot something else. Just to let you know my baby is only 5 months old, and she was like 2 months when i had to put it on her.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 3:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I BOUGHT IT AT WALMART FOR VERY DRY HANDS FROM WASHING THEM CONSTANTLY WHEN I OWNED AND OPERATED A HOME DAYCARE. MY MOM AND HUSBAND SWEAR BY IT AND I MUST SAY IT REALLY WORKS. BTW I GUESS I AM DUMB BUT WHAT DOES LMAO MEAN?

9 YR OLD BRANDEE'S MOM
    TFF1963

Answer by TFF1963 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• is that like bag balm?? I just to put that stuff on my lips as chapstick. It is for cows utters.
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2008