My daughter is 20mos old, she had been running a fever for a day now of anywhere between 101 and 103.6. She was at doc yesterday no fever for almost a day gave her Hep shot. Then around 3am lastnight she began with a higher fever, has runny nose, diarreah and an odor to her breath that I know is from being sick.. Doc says worry if fever is longer than 3 days. Im worried now, please let me know what is right or wrong.

marcijo182

Asked by marcijo182 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Fever is a normal reaction to some vaccinations. Don't worry about it. Just give her a small dose of baby tylenol drops to help drop the fever, keep her covered (but not overly so) and see if you can break the fever. If it's not gone by thursday evening, take her in.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well ur not suppoest to have a fever higher then 100 more then a 103 u suppost to go to the hospital especially a baby. if u took her somewhere n they ain't ding there job take her to another hospital.
    iris718

Answer by iris718 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Had to take my 2 yr old to the doctor yesterday for the same symptoms. Come to find out he had ulcers in his mouth(hand, foot, mouth disease). Have you tried pain reliver to get temp down?
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My son had a bad reaction like that once to shots when he was two. After a few days he was fine. I think baths not warm, not cold are a huge help with fever. Also I rotate from Tylenol and Motrin.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011