Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Injured Spouse Tax filing??

Last year for 2009 taxes, the IRS took $5900 from my husband's return to pay a student loan that was in just my name- The account had been in forbearance since I'm not working, and should not have been collected upon, but we got no where with the loan company so we were told to have my husband file an injured spouse. Well, has anyone done this and how long did you have to wait til you got the money back? Last year we had a deposit held for a mini van and when they took it we lost our downpayment and the van. We're hoping to pay off the vehicle I ended up with but I'm getting anxious for it to come.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • We had to do that, I think it took about 6 weeks to get the money back!!! just do it as soon as possible!!


    Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

  • We sent it off on April 15th actually! lol But some people have told us 4 months, others 45 days. So we're just anxious cuz its gonna make us not live paycheck to paycheck anymore. :)

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2011