What do I have to do to get my husband to tell me I'm beautiful?

Or sexy, or gorgeous.. without asking?

I fix myself up every day, I work out regularly so my body will stay toned.
I just don't get it. What do I have to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• show up naked, bring beer. Seriously!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Tell him that is what you need to hear from him on a semi-frequent basis to feel loved and wanted from him.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• talk to him.. tell him that you miss the compliments. They make you feel good. Do you ask him how you look or anything? He may just assume that he does not need to tell you that you know he finds you attractive!!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You shouldn't have to find a way to make him tell you that you are beautiful. He should be doing that all on his own. Talk with him about how you are feeling and what you need him to do to make you feel special.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Two words sexy costume
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 12:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Did he used to say it, and doesn't anymore? Or is he the type that just isn't very expressive w/ his words? There's a big difference...if he used to say it and stopped, I'd simply ask why- especially if you keep your body in check. I'm not sure if "fixing yourself up" means getting all done up, but I know most men find beauty in their SO/wife when they look natural. Now if he's the type that just doesn't say it, like my SO, than tell him how you enjoy hearing compliments on occasion. He may just be the type that doesn't do it and shows he's attracted to you in other ways. Good luck either way, I feel your pain!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• dang thats what i was wondering! he never says it cuz he's so cocky himself, he thinks if he told me, it would get to my head.
    he did say i was the shit tho last night, and that was enough for me. we are confident, its just nice to hear it right? we shouldnt have to hear, we just want to.
    well, I always tell him how sexy HE looks. also, it might be ok to ask once and say "you know what i think i am damn sexy and since you never tell me it, I feel like you dont really realize how hott of a couple we are."
    i dunno, just be honest like that and show confidence and explain as if it's HIS problem for not noticing what he's got
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 12:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Is this a change in behavior for him? Was that something that he used to say to you or say to you on a regular basis?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2011