For people who run

What type of music do you listen to while running?
Or do you listen to something else or nothing at all?

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 11:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't run I can't I am disabled
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• No music- I like to have all my senses intact- I often run in traffic or in isolated canyons-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I dont listen to music for the same reason as Sisteract... and also I find it messes up my pace.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Fast music...and cold play when I walk the baby
    klv930

Answer by klv930 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have an iPod 'jogging mix' which is all up-tempo songs that help me maintain a rhythym... I put them on 'shuffle' so that I get some variety. It's a few hours of music so I don't go through it all in one exercise session. I like running to music... it makes it feel more like 'me time' and less of a chore.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I like music most of the time for my runs. It really depends on where I'm running- if I can basically check out, I have music, and I keep I on low so I can still hear people around me. I like Pink, Kesha, Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears and a few others for running. Just had a good run listening to OneRepublic. It is nice taking a break from music and just hearing the sounds of my feet and breath and of my surroundings. We have enough safe places to run here, away from major traffic, so that's not generally a big concern for me.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I can't not listen to music I have tried but I don't run as far or as long. IDK its just boring to me. I usually listen to rock or rap. I agree it does feel like me time, Freela.

@stitchintime. Not to sound like a complete Bword, but the title of this was "For people who run" so next time please don't respond.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I run with no music. Usually I'm running with my double jogger and two kids, I like to hear everything around me.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• When I'm outside, especially running in the street I don't listen to music I like to be able to hear what's going on around me. When I run on the treadmill I usually like hip hop or upbeat dance. Funny because I don't enjoy it any other time LOL.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• If I'm on my TM, I watch TV-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2011