Did your child(ren) ever say something and you thought you knew where they were headed with it...

and they turned it into something completely odd or different? lol. My 5 1/2 yr old was saying " I ate it and it went in my mouth and the whole way down to my belly.....and it didn't even know I was a Transformer." He said it like it was the most normal conversation. haha All I could say was "wow it really didn't know?" His reply was "no it didn't." Some things I just don't how to respond to. lol

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 11:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My DD fell leaving roller skating, was a little upset. She whimpered for a few minutes on the way home, then went on to other thoughts. Or so I thought.

“Mom, can I not get my hair cut? I want it to get long and long and… hey, Mom, YOUR hair is pretty long…”

Here is where I was thinking she was going with this: “I want long hair like my mommy. Gosh, how I love, admire and want to emulate her!”

Here’s where she went with this: “So maybe YOU can take down YOUR hair and wrap it around my knee and hand and sing so your hair glows and my boo boos are healed!”

Yeah, she might have watched Tangled one time too many.

And when we tried it, it totally didn’t work.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well my teenager threw me over the past summer when she told me one of her goals for high school was to graduate a virgin. I was thrilled but that definitely wasnt where I thought the conversation was headed.

Anonymous

• Ha ha. So cute!!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My 21 yr old son was having trouble settling on what course he wanted to study in Uni. He tried a few different ones for a semester each and was still feeling uncertain. Then he confided to me that the only thing he was sure he wanted in his future was children of his own. (I was really surprised and totally delighted!)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011