• In the Spotlight:

Just a Question... Wondering?

This isnt here to make any one mad or upset just wondering every ones feeling.... Who here is afraid of death? Do you believe that there is a heaven?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I used to be but I'm not anymore. Yes there is a Heaven :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Not afraid of death but am afraid of dying. I am not sure anymore about Heaven. I believe in God, though. So perhaps Heaven is simply being with God.

Answer by Bmat at 3:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I'm afraid of death because I know once I die, it'll be the end of my life here and quite honestly, I'm too young to die anytime soon dammit. My daughter is due in 17 days and I want to see her grow and thrive and I want to have more babies in the future.

I'm not sure if there's life after death. I identify myself as agnostic. I can't say what'll happen until it happens =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i am only afraid of dying because i am afraid of leaving my son and hubby behind but i know that god will take care of me and ill be in heaven looking down on them
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 3:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I am not afaid of death. If you sat around and thought about it, you'd never leave your house. I am afraid for safety, mine, my husband's, my daughers' and my grandchildrens'. As for heaven.. I guess I was raised to believe in heaven.
    Anonymous

• I dont Fear death
    I just fear for the ones i would leave behind,
    and that makes me hesitant to die,

I dont wanna die,

and I dont know honestly if i beleive in heaven,
    It would be nice but thats all i can say about it
    it would be nice if there was a heaven

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I am not afraid to die, but I don't want to die. B/C we were made to live 4ever as we read in Genesis. If Adam and Eve had not sinned they would still be here today. So it's a natural thing that we of course don't want to die. I do believe in heaven but I don't believe that I am going there. I believe that I will stay here on earth.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• CONT...
    Psalm115:16-The heavens are the heavens of the LORD, But the earth He has given to the sons of men.Isa 45:18 - For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens He is the God who formed the earth and made it, He established it {and} did not create it a waste place,but formed it to be inhabited“Psalm 37:29The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I am not 'afraid' of death, but I do feel regret at the thought of leaving my loved ones. I am still 'attached' to this life and that makes me reluctant to move on!

I don't really believe in the survival of the soul so I dont' believe in Heaven in the Christian sense. I believe that we come from the energy of the universe and we return to the energy of the universe... so no eternal soul but no annihilation. It is all just change.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I believe there is life after this one. I believe in reincarnation.

I fear death only because Id hate to leave my children while they are so young.
    I think it can be scary when you face your mortality whether you want to or not. The older you get the more it gets in your face(so to speak).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008