What are your tips and tricks to keeping up your energy?

When you have a newborn who wakes up all hours of the night and yet you still have to get up in the day for whatever reason kids, work, ect. What do you do to keep yourself going?

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 12:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• eat well and take a nap with the baby and toddler in the afternoon.
    sew4heaven

Answer by sew4heaven at 12:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Lots of chocolate made with malitol instead of sugar hurray for Trader Joes!
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 12:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I co-sleep so I usually get a good amount of sleep even though she wakes 4 or 5 times a night. Oh, and I go to bed when she does. No staying up late watching tv with DH.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:11 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• coke water coke water oh yea sleep when they do lol I almost forgot that one!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• REDBULL
    2littlmnstrs

Answer by 2littlmnstrs at 12:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Drink plenty of water, and get regular excercise. Being in shape does wonders for the amount of energy you have. Also, make sure you go to bed early and have a big nutritional breakfast in the morning. Good luck!
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 2:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• good suggestions here already. I was just wondering, have you thought about vitamins? Lots of Bvits, Magnesium, and possibly Iron (you lose lots of blood during birth). It might be tempting to do some dishes or clean while the baby sleeps. really - sleep when the baby sleeps. have the kids all lay down for a rest time (or movie if they're over 3) so you can catch a few zzzz's. even 10-20 minutes can refresh you and get you through the day.
    dancingWNC

Answer by dancingWNC at 10:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011