Do you think men should wear a ring before marriage?

because I know it's traditional for them not to wear one, but I would like everyone to know he's mine...which no wonder girls are crushing on him because they have no idea he's even in a relationship.

shouldnt he at least tell people who hit on him he has a girlfriend? Do you think he doesn't want to wear the ring because he likes the attention? because thats what it seems like

i bought him a ring years ago, and made me return it

he refuses to wear one until we are married. What do you think?

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 12:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• My love does we have a son together now and still aren't officially married but that's because of semantics like the pastor wouldn't give us our preferred dates and I got really sick and now we can't afford it...but wear them to show devotion to eachother anyways :)
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 12:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Tell him its a symbol of his love for you, unending and never broken. You don't have to be married for him to wear a symbol of your love for one another.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• On the other hand, you don't need to wear one while married either. I HATE wearing my ring. It's not something I am always wearing. I forget about it alot! On the same token, I can't expect him to wear one if I HATE mine! LOL!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm afraid I understand why he wouldn't wear a ring until you're married. My husband takes his ring very seriously, and it bothers him when guys wear a wedding band but aren't married. Since there really aren't "engagement" rings for men. He feels that's a symbol of the commitment he made to me.

I do think your boyfriend should tell women who flirt with him that he has a girlfriend. That would bother me much more than him not wearing a ring at this point in your relationship. And, since you call yourself his girlfriend...are you engaged?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My husband was thrilled to wear a ring. We called it his mangagement ring. He loved showing the world he had someone who loved him and claimed him as their own.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 12:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Exactly. i totally agree.
    he says hes a mechanic so he wont wear one and rather get a tatoo so it's not in the way
    but wont get a tat untill married since he's afraid is co-workers will question him
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• my husband wore a ring before we were married because he wanted to.....if he isnt gonna wear a ring then he should at least tell girls that he has a gf...
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Wait a minute. I'm reading between the lines here...
    You've been engaged for multiple years?
    He won't tell other women he has a girl friend?
    You asked him to wear a ring and told him it was important to you; and he said no?!
    I think you have atleast three good reasons to feel insecure!
    When a man wants to be with a woman for the rest of his life he doesn't act like this. He locks himself down and tells you all about it! I'm sorry to say, but I think you should confront him about this and if he doesn't put a ring on and set a date than move on!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 10:07 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Thank you shelle21 and ms.gwen for understanding. i showed him this whole post and said "eh, their not me, just like how women can justify anything in their minds, men have legit reasons why men do certain things. you know i don't want to loose a finger, get electricuted"
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It is traditional in my culture for men to wear an engagement ring. Engagement rings were exchanged at the official engagement ceremony/party.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2011