OLDER WOMAN WHO WEAR YOUNG LOOKING CLOTHING

Should woman over 40 wear clothes made for 20 year olds? What is your thought on this? Trashy, Classy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• nothing wrong with it
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think it looks tacky and far from sophisticated...but that's just me.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm over 40, but I try to be conservative without showing too much. I believe that when you become a mom that you should be sure you wear clothes that are appropriate with your age. There is nothing worse than seeing a mom with a teenager, dressing like them. That's just wrong.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm 49. I think women can dress fun, feminine and even trendy without dressing like a 20 something. Most of the time it just looks like they're trying to look younger than they are....and that's rarely flattering.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'm also in my 40's. Funny you ask.. there was a woman today at the thrift store.. she was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, nothing that looked out of the ordinary.. she had really long hair, etc. I was thinking she was about 20... until she started talking!!! She had that deep, raspy, I've smoked for 40 years voice. When she turned around, she was about 60! Anyway, about your question... I don't feel comfortable in low rise jeans, etc... I usually wear a mid rise, and I can't really wear the little t-shirts because my boobs are too big... So.... I try to dress trendy, but more of a classic style of dress. Have you seen the INC line at Macy's??? That's about my style.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It depends on what they try to wear, and how their body looks in it. Some women can pull it off. And most 20 year olds don't look good in 20 year old clothing.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:15 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• well im only 33 but i think a person has the right to wear whatever they like now it might not look the best but its still there buisness and no one has the right to judge what other people wear and who is who to say its 20 yr olds clothing
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 3:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think a woman, regardless of age, should dress classy and appropriate for her age. That does not mean that a 40-something can't look frickin' hot. When she dresses as a 20 year old, she looks desperate and foolish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Older women can dress "cool" and still be age-appropriate. I am 34 and recognize than many of the outfits I wore when I was 18 would look ridiculous. I tend to think older women who try to dress like teens are desperately trying to hold onto a youth that has already slipped away. I plan on aging gracefully and with acceptance.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

•     Being an "older woman" myself, I tried dressing what you would call more, "age appropriate."  The comments I got were, less than flattering.....My DD told me, "you look like an Old Lady; to which I said, "I am an old lady!"  She retorted, "well, stop dressing like one!"

I took her advice and began to dress, "more like her," wearing more form-fitting attire.  I don't  wear miniskirts, but  I do dress with a little mor sex appeal, which my hubby luvs.  I bought a cropped leather jacket I wear all the time. luv my jeans, capris, & even the leggins at times . I often receive compliments & no one says I look my age. 

I grew my hair out for Locks of Love, but they would not accept it, because it's colored, I luv it, so it stays.
    I say, "do what makes you feel & look good. age is just a number!"

turtldov

Answer by turtldov at 11:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2011