Can a marriage succeed with out sex!?

My husband doesnt wanna have sex with me 2 months after I gave birth our baby is now 4 months and he is always runing away he havent been working for the last couple of months so is not about him being deppress we love each other but I dont know if with out intimacy this marriage can success!.

LinaG02

Asked by LinaG02 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Did he watch the birth? Sometimes men have trouble seeing women the same way after they watch the birth of their child, I don't know if that's what's going on with your husband. Did you have an active sex life before the baby?

I agree that you need to have a long talk. A marriage can survive without sex, but I think it depends on the reason for the lack of sex. If one partner is ill or injured, it's one thing.

On the other hand, sexual compatibility is extremely important. If you both have a low sex drive it can work out fine, but if one wants more intimacy than the other, it can be very challenging. Definitely talk to him and tell him how important this is to you, and find out why things have changed (assuming they have).

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Sex is not the only part, but it IS apart of the marriage. It should be recognized. You need to sit down and talk with him. Clarify you of course just don't want a piece of ass- and he should realize that. Sex isn't everything but it is indeed important. You should not feel bad, or wrong; you are in the right. But you need to talk with him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No. But tell him how you feel. Have a heart 2 heart
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I'll let you know
    2littlmnstrs

Answer by 2littlmnstrs at 12:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I know sex is not the only thing but is part of every relationship and if theres no intimacy im scare that then my marriage is ruin and every human needs sex at some point
    LinaG02

Comment by LinaG02 (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Yes it can. How do you think marriages survive when someone becomes paralyzed or sick? What if the person was paralyzed from the get go? There are other things in a marriage... but in order for it to work, the physical aspect can't be all you have built between you. You have to have a good solid relationship built on friendship, respect and trust as well.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2011