Has anyone ever made you feel stupid for saying something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband does, all the time, he makes fun of the way I pronounce words as if having a different accent or terminology from what he's used to is somehow wrong or makes me ignorant.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• yes it happens but generally only when in a situation where i feel insecure enough to care how i look to that person
    jaxi1

Answer by jaxi1 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• yes but I just look at them and say whatever and move on.....if they wanna treat me like I am stupid then I wont be apart of there lives....
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• judimary my husband does the same thing. I'm from Pittsburgh and he is from The Poconos and he makes fun of my accent all the time. I have been out of the Pittsburgh area for over 10 years and most of my accent as disappeared but I still say some words incorrect and he has to always point it out and laugh. Makes me so damn mad.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I think we have all had that happen at some point
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 3:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2011