How do i bring the family together? adult content

I recently paroled from prison after a few year trip, so not only am i getting reaquainted with my 10 yo mildly autistic/add daughter, i told her i married a woman and shell be out soon also. she is very possesive, shes been with my mom and her bf for over 5 years and she still hasnt accepted that my mom has a bf, is there any hope that shell accept a new mom with a step mom too?? how can i smooth the process? any help would be appriciated.

jaxi1

Asked by jaxi1 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Just take things slowly and don't expect instant results. You all have to gain her trust and show her you love her and will always be there for her. My kids had an abusive dad and when I remarried they were reluctant to trust my new husband. He alwasy spoke to them calmly but with authority, showed he was there for them no matter what and never yelled. They love him so much and we all have a happy family. It takes time, but it does work if you want it to! Good luck.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 12:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It's just going to take time. Family counseling might be helpful. My friend's daughter has mild autism/adhd/aspergers and will not accept that her divorced parents have new relationships. At 10, it's hard to know if they will ever accept people into their lives. She could also be angry and this is how she displays it.There's just a lot of layers that have to peeled. Kids are amazingly resilient though. Just keep communicating, hang out and have fun together. Just work on the two of you first, she needs to get to know you again and what it's like living with you (your house rules, etc.). Too much, too soon is really tough. Eventually, she might show an interest in meeting her stepmom. But if not, then you have to make some decisions as to how to deal with the situation. At least you have some time to spend with each other first. Good Luck!
    Mona949

Answer by Mona949 at 2:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2011