If you said these words in front of your teenager, what would they think?

record player
8 track tape
cassette tape
records

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• A record player would surely be a person whose status as a "player" is legendary. LOL
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Mine know what they all are (my husband was a DJ in the 80's, and most of that stuff is still in my garage!) They'd just say "You're old!" and walk away shaking their heads.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• They would look at me oddly and say "DINOSAUR DAYS?"
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 12:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't have a teen *yet*, but I've said those to her, and she gave me a look like "WTF you talkin' bout ma?" LOL
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My 14 yr old recently began listening to my old cassettes. She loves them. As for 8 tracks & records...all my teens know what those are because we have them. And yes , on occasion , still listen to them. They get a kick out of it. My 16 yr old actually buys LP's when he can....he plays the drums & is really interested in classic rock drummers.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I don't have teenagers but I love this question! lol...when mine DOES become a teenager (she's 4) this question will be even MORE relevant lol!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• OMG I babysit an 8 yr old and I was telling her about a video I had on VHS and she was like whats a VHS? I pulled out the old tape and showed her and she was like thats huge! I have a dvd/vcr combo, but when DS was 2 he put play do in it and broke it..
    Personally I never knew what and 8 track was, but I forgot all about cassettes. Cd's came out when I was in 6th grade
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:03 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My kids know what all those are.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:57 AM on Apr. 27, 2011