Do the grandparents spoil your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• constantly!!!!!!
    jaxi1

Answer by jaxi1 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No because both sets of our parents are deceased.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• No, my kids' only surviving grandparent (my Mom) has no interest in them whatsoever. She said she raised her kids years ago and wants nothing to do with grandchildren. :( I'm the opposite. I can't wait to have more babies in the family and I hope I can be an important part of their lives and I want lots of them!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• the two grandparents that are around do, the other two (one's passed on and one isn't allowed near her) well... yeah.
    Her great grandma also bought her her first ballerina outfit the day she found out we were having a girl lol.
    ChivosPet

Answer by ChivosPet at 12:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My mom and I did when our first was born... over the years they have backed off, partly because we requested that they ease off a bit at the holidays and partly because it is harder financially to spoil three kids than it was to spoil our first when it was just him!

My ILs, on the other hand, are minimally involved with the kids. When they do 'spoil' them (ie. buying gifts without reason) they tend to buy things for the girls and not for our son, which is not fair to him and makes me prefer that they just not get anything for anyone!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Judimary so sorry to hear that. My parents also favored my first and told me the second was the grandchild for my husband's side of the family. None of them have much to do with either of my kids. Their loss since my girls are awesome!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• i live with my parents, and i have twin toddlers. my mom spoils them rotten lol
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• OH GOD YES. I live with my mother and she spoils my kids ROTTEN. its horrible I can't wait to move!!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Almost every time we go to see grandma, my son gets a new toy from them. It drives me crazy! I feel like I can't say no though, because she goes out of her way to pick things up for them...
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 2:18 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Definitely! They are rotten. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2011