Did anyone find themselves only being offered part-time jobs after college graduation.....

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes! I graduated with my Bachelors in Psychology and I was aware that jobs with my degree would be limited, but I had NO idea. I ended up working a non-degreed direct care position for awhile then I was promoted within the company. For awhile after graduation I was making min. wage at a pizza place.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• My friend did, she has a bachelors degree and only got offered jobs that are part time and pay less than 11 an hour. I however didnt go to college and make 3 times more than she does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I found full time employment immediately. My husband had no issues either.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 8:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I was offered a part time job working midnights when I was finishing up school and I hated it, but it was a way to get my foot in the door, after a year I changed shifts and became full time... it was well worth it.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 1:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• It's been several years, but the only jobs offered to me paid diddly squat (less than $10/hr) , or were sales jobs where pay was only based on commission. What a bunch of crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• still to this day when I apply for jobs it is only part time. sucks
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I had no issues.
    What was your major?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2011